SBE Certification Program attains high recognition
The National Skills Standards Board (NSSB) has recognized the certification program of the Society of Broadcast Engineers.
NSSB Certification Recognition was designed to help users of certifications identify those that meet high professional and technical standards for quality assurance. To receive recognition, a certification must undergo a comprehensive review to ensure that it meets specific quality requirements.
The Society of Broadcast Engineers Program of Certification offers several levels of certification for the broadcast industry. The program began in 1975 as an industry response to the reduction in FCC operator licensing. Since then, the program has grown to include a group of sequential certifications that cover traditional broadcast engineering skills and knowledge, as well as certifications for television operators, radio operators and broadcast computer networking technologists.
On June 10, 2003, the NSSB granted its recognition of the following SBE certification levels:
- Certified Broadcast Technologist (CBT)
- Certified Broadcast Engineer (CBRE/CBTE)
- Certified Senior Broadcast Engineer (CSRE/CSTE)
- Certified Professional Broadcast Engineer (CPBE)
- Certified Broadcast Networking Technologist (CBNT)
- Certified Audio Engineer (CEA)
- Certified Video Engineer (CEV)
- Certified Television Operator (CTO)
For more information visit www.sbe.org.
The latest product and technology information
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox