In June, the Voice of America in Washington, D.C., went on-air with the Video Technics’ NewsFlow all digital, tapeless, open-architecture newsroom system.
Following a three-year evaluation process, the U.S. government’s International Broadcasting Bureau (IBB) selected NewsFlow in the spring for use by the VOA.
NewsFlow is being used for production of more than 1000 hours of news, informational, educational and cultural programs broadcast weekly to an audience of more than 100 million worldwide. VOA programs are produced and broadcast in 44 languages through radio, satellite television and the Internet.
Working with Technical Innovation, the project’s systems integrator, Video Technics answered IBB’s multifaceted requirements with a NewsFlow configuration that included:
- Sixteen channels of ingest management to ingest feeds automatically from around the world
- A 22TB SAN high-resolution media storage and 3TB NAS for proxies, 11TB nearline/offline archive, and 150 VT Proxy Editor newsroom seats
- A VT Web Server for worldwide Internet browsing
- Six full resolution Studio Pro Editors with Adobe Premiere Pro software
- Avid’s iNEWS MOS integration
- Fifteen channels of Apella VCS playout
For more information, visit www.videotechnics.com.
The latest product and technology information
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox