The Google Video beta enables users to search across the closed captioning content of a growing number of TV programs that Google began indexing in December 2004. Entering a query such as iPod will return a list of relevant television programs with still images and text excerpts from the exact point in the program where the search phrase was spoken.
Google Video offers these additional search features:
- Preview page: Displays up to five still video images and five short text segments from the closed captioning of each program.
- Upcoming episodes: Shows when the program will be aired next.
- Search within the show: Enables searching for specific words within a given program.
- Program details: Offers program and episode information including channel, date and time.
- Change location: Finds the next time and channel where a program will air locally according to zip code.
For television channels and content producers, Google Video can increase viewership by providing Google users with information on future airings of relevant programs.
For more information, visit www.google.com/video