San Diego, California -- August 30, 2011 -- DVEO, the broadcast division of Computer Modules, Inc. (CMI), is now shipping their professional high definition DVB-T/DVB-T2 frequency agile receiver and H.264 and MPEG-2 decoder. The Virenza-T+T2™ will be featured at the International Broadcasting Convention (IBC) in Amsterdam, September 9-13, at Stand 2.A48.
Suitable for both IPTV and European broadcast distribution, the Virenza-T+T2 demodulates the DVB-T and DVB-T2 formats used by broadcast professionals in Europe, Asia, and parts of Africa and South America. It decodes both H.264 and MPEG-2 video formats to SMPTE 259M (SD-SDI), SMPTE 292 (HD-SDI), or YPrPb.
The Virenza-T+T2 supports 576i/480i, 576p/480p, 720p, and 1080i decoding. Video inputs can be DVB-T, DVB-T2, DVB-ASI, or IP (with Pro-MPEG FEC). An optional second DVB-T+T2 RF input is available. Video outputs include HD-SDI, SDI, DVB-ASI, YPrPb, RGB, or composite for monitoring. Audio output includes analog, embedded audio, AES-3 id, Dolby Prologic® compatible stereo audio output, or Dolby Digital® AC-3 or PCM stereo audio (selectable over BNC connector).
"The Virenza T+T2 is a versatile and cost efficient DVB-T and DVB-T2 receiver. It also works extremely well as a professional H.264 and MPEG-2 decoder," stated Laszlo Zoltan, Sales Manager for DVEO. "Several of our European customers use it for repurposing content, such as converting DVB-T2 to SDI. A very useful new feature is a CAM module and support for BISS (Basic Interoperable Scrambling System) descrambling, which allows broadcasters to receive encrypted transport streams and decrypt them with permission."
The system is also available with an optional DVB-S/DVB-S2 tuner instead of a DVB-T+T2 tuner.
Supplemental Information for Press Release
- Input: DVB-T, DVB-T2, IP, DVB-ASI
- Optional second DVB-T+T2 RF input
- Supports Pro-MPEG FEC
- Includes CAM module and support for BISS
- Optional DVB-S/DVB-S2 input version available
- Output: HD-SDI, SDI, DVB-ASI, YPrPb, RGB, composite for monitoring, MPEG or AC-3 audio
- Signal from 75 ohm BNC connector
- May choose digital stream from DVB-T, DVB-T2, or IP signal
- Selected digital stream is supplied in DVB-T or DVB-T2 format signal
- H.264 (MPEG-4) or MPEG-2 MP@HL compliant video decoder supplies digital and analog video signal
- Digital video signal compliant with SMPTE-259M or SMPTE-292M (SDI) with embedded 8 channel audio (SMPTE-299M)
- Dolby Digital® AC-3 and MPEG-1/2 5.1 channel audio decoder
- Dolby Digital® AC-3 or PCM stereo audio selectable over BNC connector
- Dolby Prologic® compatible stereo audio output on one XLR connector and one D-Sub 9P connector
- RGB video signal with 1080i/720p/576p/ 576i (480i) video mode
- 2 Lines by 40 characters LCD display
- PSIP/EIA-608, 708 closed caption compliant
- Down converts HD input to SD out
- Firmware upgradeable via Internet or USB
- USB 2.0 Support
- SNMP (10/100 Ethernet) management support
DVEO and Virenza T+T2 are trademarks of Computer Modules, Inc.
Dolby Digital is a registered trademark of Dolby Laboratories, Inc. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
Suggested Retail Prices:
Virenza/T+T2: $3,995 U.S.
Virenza/T+T2/2RF – Optional 2nd DVB-T+T2 RF input: $4,995 U.S.
Virenza/S – DVB-S+S2 Version: $3,995 U.S.
About CMI and DVEO
CMI, founded in 1982, is a privately held company headquartered in San Diego, California. DVEO, the Broadcast Division of Computer Modules, Inc., sells digital video and high definition television (HDTV) products to the top television broadcast companies throughout the world.
For more information on CMI and DVEO, please contact Rebecca Gray at +1 (858) 613-1818 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To download DVEO's press releases and product images, visit the news section at www.dveo.com.
DVEO, 11409 West Bernardo Ct. San Diego, CA, 92127
Web: www.dveo.com phone: +1 (858) 613-1818, fax: +1 (858) 613-1815
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Tech. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.