AJA Ships Ki Pro Portable Digital Disk Recorder
Ki Pro Bridges Gap Between Camera Acquisition and Post, Recording Directly to Apple ProRes 422 Codec
AJA Video Systems, a leading manufacturer of professional video interface and conversion solutions, today released Ki Pro, a portable tapeless video device that records files to the Apple ProRes 422 codec directly from camera. AJA will be demonstrating Ki Pro at IBC 2009 from Sept. 11-15, 2009 at the RAI Convention Center in Amsterdam in Hall 7, Stand F-11.
Ki Pro provides a new way of connecting production and post with its extensive analog and digital connectivity; virtually any video and audio source can be fed into Ki Pro to record pristine 10-bit ProRes 422 media that is then immediately available to edit within Apple’s Final Cut Studio.
“We have had unprecedented interest in this product, and remarkable pre-release sales coming off of our recent 24-city Ki Pro global road show,” said Nick Rashby, president, AJA Video Systems. “We’re pleased to be shipping a very robust 1.0 version, and will be supporting our customers with frequent software updates and additions. Ki Pro provides significant workflow efficiencies for everyone from cinematographers and filmmakers to editors and post professionals.”
Ki Pro allows filmmakers, broadcasters, video professionals and prosumers to skip the process of re-rendering to an editing codec by giving immediate access to full raster edit-ready Apple ProRes 422 files directly from camera. Ki Pro records hours of media to a removable storage module. The device is a small, portable unit that can sit on a table, in a bay or mounted between a camera and tripod. Ki Pro is also ideal for on-set monitoring, providing instant access to multiple display devices simultaneously.
Core Ki Pro Features:
• Record hours of pristine Apple ProRes 422 QuickTime media to a removable storage module that offers built-in FireWire800 for immediate editing and file access on OS X.
• Record natively to Apple ProRes 422 and ProRes 422 HQ for full raster 10-bit 4:2:2 HD and SD.
• Bridge proprietary compression schemes by recording to the edit-friendly Apple ProRes 422 codec.
• Connect any digital camera via SDI or HDMI, or any analog camera with multiple input options.
• Convert in real time from SD to HD, or 720 to/from 1080, in full 10-bit quality.
• Extend client review capabilities with simultaneous recording to camera and to Ki Pro.
• Extend productive life of existing cameras and embrace future workflows with powerful conversion capabilities.
• Built-in WiFi and Ethernet for complete control via a web-browser, or iPhone.
For a complete set of features and technical specifications, please visit www.aja.com. Ki Pro is available now via AJA’s network of worldwide resellers for an MSRP of US$3995.
About AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Since 1993, AJA Video has been a leading manufacturer of high-quality and cost-effective digital video interface, conversion and Desktop solutions supporting the professional broadcast and post- production markets. With headquarters in Grass Valley, California, AJA maintains an extensive sales channel of dealers and systems integrators around the world. For further information, please see our website www.aja.com. unknown.jpegunknown.jpegunknown.jpeg
Get the TV Tech Newsletter
The professional video industry's #1 source for news, trends and product and tech information. Sign up below.