WHITE PLAINS, N.Y.—The Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers this week announced its Board of Governors has named SMPTE’s 2018 directors and appointed John Ferder as SMPTE secretary/treasurer. Ferder takes over the position left vacant when Peter Wharton was elected to serve as SMPTE membership VP.
New director appointments include:
· John Maizels, membership director for international sections;
· Herbert Jay Dunmore, membership director for student chapters and educational institutions;
· Karl Joseph Kuhn, membership director for North American section;
· John Snow, standards director;
· Dave Schnuelle, standards director;
· John Hurst, standards director;
· Yvonne Thomas, education director for conference programs;
· Jaclyn Pytlarz, education director for mentoring and internships;
· Sara Kudrle, education director for the SMPTE Motion Imaging Journal;
· Sean Lancastle, education director for university liaisons.
SMPTE also announced it will hold a complimentary webcast Jan. 25 entitled “A Conversation with SMPTE Leadership: The Society Looks Forward to 2018 and Beyond.”
Visit the SMPTE website to register for the webcast.