At IBC2006, Mayah Communications, a developer of audio/video products based in Germany, will emphasize its encoding solutions for mobile TV for DVB-H/DMB and SD IPTV, as well as technologies for transmitting mono, stereo and multichannel audio over a variety of networks and protocols.
Mayah will showcase its IO [io] 8000/8001 audio/video en/decoder, and Centauri II 300x and 400x audio gateway codecs, that support MPEG-4 SP, ASP, H.264/AVC and MPEG-4 HE AAC v2 standards. The company will also demonstrate its audio en/decoding solutions that combine plug-and-play simplicity with power-user performance and features, including mono, stereo and multichannel audio for point-to-point/point-to-multipoint or uni/multicast transmissions over IP, ISDN and X.21/V.35 broadcast interfaces, as well as support for a wide range of network protocols and coding algorithms including G.722 and the entire MPEG range.
New features and options for Mayah's audio gateway codecs include:
• AES transparent option, which allows the IP-based transmission of up to 4x AES/EBU signal streams with 3.072 Mbps each;
• Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), a common VoIP protocol, that, when integrated with other protocols, allows the user to establish, control, terminate and modify point-to-point and multipoint connections.
• Support for MPEG transport streams with Forward Error Correction (FEC);
• ASI interface, available on the Centauri II as well as IO [io] 8000/8001, for transmitting MPEG over coaxial cable within the 270 Mbps data rate;
• Dual Ethernet, which allows the Centauri II to distribute audio-over-IP and remote control data streams over two separate logical networks;
• Redundant power supply, and
• 8x Opto In/Relay Out interface, as an alternative to the 4x TTL IO.
Mayah will be in Stand 1.231
The latest product and technology information
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Tech. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.