JDSU has introduced new functionality to the T-BERD/MTS-8000 transport module, which combines 4G and 10G Fibre Channel test support with traditional transport test capabilities such as SONET/SDH, Ethernet and OTN in a product for field use.
The new functionality is engineered to address the growing demands for installation and troubleshooting of Fibre Channel services in metro networks.
In addition to the Fibre Channel functionality, new features in this release include support for Layer 4 TCP simulation for troubleshooting next-generation Ethernet/IP services, Ethernet client testing capability for 11.05 and 11.1 Gb/s OTN networks, and support for the installation and troubleshooting of IPTV networks.
Support for IPTV applications includes monitoring and analyzing MPEG-2 streams, accessing them via Internet Group Multicast Protocol (IGMP) and performing true QoS analysis.
IPTV QoS analysis includes support for:
- Packet loss verification.
- Packet jitter measurement.
- Media delivery index (MDI).
- Distance error and period errors.
- Program clock reference (PCR) jitter.
- TR 101 290-based statistics.
- Program analysis and their packet IDs (PIDs) per stream.
For more information, visit: www.jdsu.com.