At IBC2005, Digital Rapids will unveil CarbonHD 1.0 software for the company’s DRC-5500 capture hardware.
The DRC-5500 hardware found inside the CarbonHD has been shipping with StreamZHD software for HD/SD ingest and transcoding since early in the second quarter of 2005.
CarbonHD is a new software application bundled with the hardware to add playout capabilities and DDR functionality. Carbon 1.0 features include:
- Ingest HD or SD SDI video and embedded SDI audio or AES audio
- Format convert on the fly during ingest from any format to any format (e.g., 1080i to 720p)
- Frame accurate deck capture or crash recording
- Create playlist with multiple clips
- Edit in and out points of clips in the play list
- Play to SDI output and/or VGA output
- Print to tape
- Format convert on the fly to any format during play out
- Export to a unified clip (MXF, MPEG, WM9, QuickTime, Real, AVI, Flash)
CarbonHD is expected to begin shipping November 2005.
See Digital Rapids at IBC2005 stand 7.641, or visit www.digital-rapids.com.