Alticast has announced that visitors to ANGA Cable in Cologne, Germany, June 12-14, will be able to see demonstrations of Windmill — the company’s next-generation TV platform.
Windmill enables operators to distribute content and services however they want, with support for cable, satellite, DTT, IPTV, OTT, cloud-based delivery and hybrid systems. It also enables operators to provide and monetize advanced new multi-screen experiences through its support for Android, HTML5, HbbTV, etc.
Each Windmill component can be deployed on its own or with other elements of the platform. These components include:
• altiPlatform, a high performance middleware core which draws on Alticast’s heritage as a first-class global middleware provider. It includes modular support for HTML-5, Android, GEM, HbbTV and Blu-ray and provides easy access to standards-based TV functionality and innovative web and mobile services.
• altiView, which provides Windmill with a rich, robust user interface allowing for easy content discovery across broadcast and OTT content, content recommendations and an integrated social experience to engage consumers on a deeper level. It has an innovative User Interface/ User Experience (UI/UX) design for richer consumer experiences.
• altiProtect provides flexible and cost-effective CAS and DRM management solutions that empower operators to secure premium content from piracy and unauthorized use
• altiAd invites viewers to engage and reacts to their responses, providing informative, innovative, and fun content that is relevant. It extends relevant interactive advertising onto multiple screens and devices.
• altiMetrics provides insight into audience response for programs and interactive services.
For more information about Alticast's technologies, please visit www.alticast.com or contact Sunghoon Kim (SH), email@example.com.
Demonstrations of Alticast’s Windmill will be taking place in the Radisson Blu Hotel, Cologne during ANGA Cable, June 12-14.
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Technology. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.