San Diego, California -- DVEO, the broadcast division of Computer Modules, Inc. (CMI), is now shipping their encoding workstation for converting tape based assets to digital files. The Tape Coder II™ will be showcased at the International Broadcasting Convention (IBC) in Amsterdam, September 9-13, at Stand 2.A48.
Developed for broadcasters and content providers, the Tape Coder II is designed to quickly acquire, index, and categorize existing media to the best distribution quality digital formats possible at this time.
The Windows based system encodes tape based video to MPEG-2 or H.264, then edits and re-multiplexes the resulting transport streams. Users can merge multiple tapes and add parental ratings, operator messages, and commercials. The system stores captured files directly to an embedded 2.0 TB RAID0 drive or to the user's NAS (Network Attached Storage).
"This product was custom designed for a major broadcast operator," stated Scott Grizzle, Product Manager for DVEO. "They insisted on having us design this since other products on the market were way too expensive or cumbersome to use. We recommend the Tape Coder II to our customers who need to monetize tape based assets for digital broadcasting."
The system features a high end work flow oriented user interface. Audio compression can be MPEG-1 Layer II, AAC-LC, HEV1/2-ACC, Dolby Digital AC3 pass-through, or optional Dolby Digital AC3.
Supplemental Information for Press Release
Features – Capture/Ingest/Playback
- Two channel ASI Capture hardware to generate up to two profiles at once (HD & SD, MPEG-2 & MPEG-4, or any other configuration)
- Simultaneous playback of the captured file(s) for positive and accurate confidence monitoring
- Generates a capture list and saves it in the Project INI file for further Project recall and to be imported by the Editor
- Single button redo of a capture event in a project that needs to be modified
- Crash Record mode to capture live events from SDI/ASI
- Stores captured files directly to an embedded 2.0 TB RAID0 drive or to user's NAS
- Direct Encoder to Decoder loopback mode "E-E" for quick setup verification
Features – Transport Stream Editor and Re-multiplexer
- Edit MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 files in compressed domain
- Import Capture Project INI file and make edits in place, without physically moving or copying the source assets
- Displays full program information of open files
- Smart Editor only permits to Mark-in on an I-Frame and Mark-out on a P-Frame
- Edit list is saved as an Edit Project – INI includes all files parameters for further editing, trimming and forensic use
- Mixed Project mode is used to concatenate multiple files of the same properties and create ready-for-air deliverables
- Merge multiple tapes
- Add Parental ratings, Operator leaders, and commercials
- Prevents user from mixing files of incompatible audio or video formats
- Transition Preview feature to view & hear the merge point of two clips
- User configurable TS multiplexer parameters such as mux rate, audio and video PIDS and PMT, ATSC, CableLabs compliance
- Regenerate GOP Time Codes in input and output files
- Generate an XML containing the output program audio, video and transport information
- Displays Closed Captions
- Optional Capture and Edit in 4:2:2 chroma for mezzanine file creation
- Supports LTO (Linear Tape-open) formats
DVEO and Tape Coder II are trademarks of Computer Modules, Inc.
Dolby Digital is a registered trademark of Dolby Laboratories, Inc. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
About CMI and DVEOCMI, founded in 1982, is a privately held company headquartered in San Diego, California. DVEO, the Broadcast Division of Computer Modules, Inc., sells digital video and high definition television (HDTV) products to the top television broadcast companies throughout the world.
For more information on CMI and DVEO, please contact Rebecca Gray at +1 (858) 613-1818 or email@example.com. To download DVEO's press releases and product images, visit the news section at http://www.dveo.com/.
DVEO, 11409 West Bernardo Ct. San Diego, CA, 92127
Web: www.dveo.com phone: +1 (858) 613-1818, fax: +1 (858) 613-1815
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Tech. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.