AXON’s modular infrastructure and communications system Synapse was enhanced with a dual background input 3Gb/s, HD, SD downstream keyer: the GDK100.
This module has 4 triple rate (SD, HD, 3Gb/s) inputs: 2 background inputs, 1 fill input and 1 key input. It also has 4 triple rate outputs: 2 program outputs, 1 preview output and a user definable output (program, preview or modified key output). Depending on the connector panel you have either Ethernet (for easy and fast card upgrading) or GPI control (over RJ45).
• 2 selectable background inputs
• Key input
• Fill input
• Self key
• The 4th output can be software configured for any output task: program, preview or
modified key output.
• Adjustable slice level and transparency (with definable modified key monitor output)
• Preview output for content verification prior to go on air
• Transparent for 16 channels of embedded audio
• Transparent for all ANC data
As with most of the new Synapse modules the keyer is also available in a SD or HD/SD version which both can be future upgraded to handle 3GB/s.
“The GDK100 can be used as a downstream keyer for external logo generated keying and other graphical overlay keying”, says Peter Schut AXON’s CTO. “This is the first step into a full modular based Master Control / Branding system”
For more details please check out AXON’s website: www.axon.tv.