Production units of the Optical Media format equipment, to be shown at IBC2003 this fall, include the PDW-530/530p and PDW-510/510p camcorders, PDW-V1 laptop edit system, PDW-1500 compact source deck and PDW-3000 studio deck, Xpri mobile edit/news system, and the Xpri nonlinear edit workstation.
At this year’s IBC conference, Sony will show several new products designed to advance production and post-production technology, including the PDW series of optical camcorders. The PDW series to be shown includes:
- The DVCAM-only PDW-510P, which provides all the workflow advantages of optical disc at an exceptional price-point;
- The PDW-530P camcorder with optical disc support for MPEG, IMX and DVCAM formats;
- The PDW-V1 mobile deck, a compact, lightweight unit with built-in color LCD screen and Ethernet and i.LINK (SBP2) interfaces;
- The PDW-1500 compact deck for high-speed data transfers with studio NLE systems;
- The flagship PDW-3000 studio deck.
Sony will also show its DSR line of products, including the new DSR-390P camcorder operating with seamless integration with the DSR-DU1 compact hard disk and UWP wireless range mics. The DSR-DR1000P will be shown in live sports and “spotbox” live commercial insertion applications.
Sony will also display its expanded family of XPRI nonlinear products for field and desktop use. They include:
- XPRI MobileStation software transforms standard PC laptop into a field editor;
- The desktop XPRI MetaStation enables full-resolution AV material to be uploaded automatically using an EDL created on XPRI MobileStation.
- Version 6.0 of the flagship XPRI HD and SD system will also appear at IBC, offering new features like seamless integration with optical disc technology, such as Proxy AV and Metadata.
- Other developments include sharing content within storage area networks (SAN), an expansion of HD real-time editing effects and a full range of features for standard definition environments.
For more information visit www.sony.com/professional.
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Technology. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.