Harris is supplying a wide range of HD and SD broadcast equipment to support some of the world's leading broadcasters during their live coverage of the upcoming 2008 Beijing Summer Games in China. Harris also has implemented a comprehensive plan to provide its international clients with full local support before and during the games.
Broadcasters relying on Harris gear during the games include:
- Japan Consortium, an association representing Japanese broadcasters for broadcast coverage of the 2008 Beijing Games;
- China Central Television (CCTV), which has purchased a range of Harris video processing and distribution products, multiviewers, and test and measurement solutions for its master control facility;
- Gearhouse Broadcast, an international broadcast services company that has purchased an array of 6800+ HD core processing products as well as a range of multiviewers;
- Alfacam, a Belgium-based company that provides TV facilities and services to broadcasters and production houses, which is sending 18 TV trucks to Beijing, each of which has between 14 and 28 Zandar Predator HD8 multiviewers; and
- CBC, Canada's national public broadcaster, will use two Inscriber G7 HD/SD broadcast graphics systems.
For more information, visit www.harris.com.