Picturesque Connecticut may be tiny but apparently it does have its share of ghost stories, as witnessed by "The Haunting in Connecticut" capturing the top slot on the Blu-ray bestsellers list in its first week in disc release.
Another eerie tale, "Knowing," slipped to second place after leading the pack the previous week, shoving "Push" down to no. 3. All-time Blu-ray sales champ "The Dark Knight" continues to remain a contender at no. 8, while Harry Potter manages to hold two slots. One TV series broke into the Top 10 at no. 9 ("Mad Men: Season 2"). Four of the Top 10 were Warner Brothers titles.
For the week ending July 18 according to Rentrak, the Blu-ray Top 10 in sales:
- "The Haunting in Connecticut" (Lionsgate)
- "Knowing" (Summit)
- "Push" (Summit)
- "The Unborn" (Universal)
- "Gran Torino" (Warner Bros.)
- "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" (Warner Bros.)
- "Transformers" (Paramount)
- "The Dark Knight" (Warner Bros.)
- "Mad Men: Season 2" (Lionsgate)
- "Harry Potter, Years 1-5" (Warner Bros.)
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Tech. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.