Grupo Televisa has selected Thales for a major international satellite contribution network project.
Televisa needed a platform that could make the most out of its 8Mbps satellite link, which enables the delivery of popular TV serials to 17 TV stations distributed in South America. The optimization of the bandwidth will allow the broadcaster to speed up transmissions and make room for an additional promotional channel without changing the whole system layout. A solution was also required to make the system more flexible by allowing the provider to schedule the delivery of the video content and send differentiated files to the 17 TV stations.
The Thales solution includes:
- OpenStream Management System coupled with the Multicast File Transfer (MFT) Server, to optimize the scheduled delivery of file systems,
- EMERALD MPEG-2 server, to efficiently broadcast and record MPEG-2 video streams,
- OPAL IP over MPEG-2 gateway, to optimize the delivery of data,
- AMETHYST smart switcher, to guarantee the continuity of the broadcast signal,
- EyeStream software, to display rich media applications made from different formats data.
For more informormation visit www.thales-bm.com.
The latest product and technology information
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Tech. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.