NCTA has tapped Brian L. Roberts--president and CEO of Comcast--as its new chairman of the board.
Several others were elected to the board of directors. Nick Davatzes, CEO Emeritus, A&E Television Networks, has been elected vice chairman; Tom Rutledge, COO, Cablevision Systems Corporation, has been elected treasurer; and Bob Miron, chairman/CEO, Advance/Newhouse Communications, has been elected secretary.
The NCTA Board has also established its executive committee for 2005-2006, which, in addition to NCTA President/CEO Kyle McSlarrow in an ex officio role, includes the following:
- Decker Anstrom, president/COO, Landmark Communications
- Matthew C. Blank, chairman/CEO, Showtime Networks
- Glenn Britt, chairman/CEO, Time Warner Cable, and immediate past chairman of the NCTA Board
- Rocco Commisso, chairman/CEO, Mediacom Communications
- Ronald Duncan, president, GCI
- James O. Robbins, president/CEO, Cox Communications
- William T. Schleyer, chairman/CEO, Adelphia Communications
- Michael S. Willner, president/CEO, Insight Communications
Other Board elections included:
- Associate director: Bob Stanzione, Chairman/CEO, ARRIS, was re-elected to serve a two-year term.
- At-large program directors: Nick Davatzes, CEO Emeritus, A&E Television
Networks, John Hendricks, Chairman, Discovery Communications, and David Zaslav, President, NBC Universal Cable, were re-elected to serve two-year terms.
- At-large system directors: John Evans, chairman/CEO, Evans
Telecommunications Company and Kelvin Westbrook, president/CEO,
Millennium Digital Media, were re-elected to serve three-year terms; Mark
Niblick, president/CEO, Midcontinent Communications, was also elected to serve a three-year term.
- Rural/small system directors: Joe Gans, vice president, Gans Multimedia Partnership, was re-elected to serve a two-year term.
Other directors were not subject to re-election.
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Tech. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.