AIB Calls for Media Excellence Submissions
The Association for International Broadcasting (AIB) is calling for submissions for the third annual AIB Media Excellence Awards.
According to the association, the AIB Media Excellence Awards were designed "to reward success and to celebrate excellence in the international television, radio, and new media sectors." Innovative technology in the production and distribution of international broadcasting are also recognized.
"We'll be recognising the broadcasting organisations that have excelled," said AIB Chief Executive Simon Spanswick. "Our Channel of the Year Awards cover both television and radio, and we'll also be rewarding the best on-air talent, with personality of the year. We'll be celebrating success with clearest coverage of a single news event and best programme dealing with a topical issue. And we'll be looking behind the scenes, with new categories that reward strategy, marketing, new media, and partnerships."
AIB is also actively encouraging programme makers who produce programming in languages other than English to enter and have their work recognised.
"The international broadcasting industry is growing. We're seeing larger audiences tuning into more channels delivered by international broadcasters," stated Spanswick. "International television and radio broadcasters produce a wide range of remarkable content for audiences worldwide and make innovative use of technology to deliver programming on a global scale. The AIB, as the representative of the international broadcasting industry, is delighted to contribute to the promotion of the highest standards in global media."
The awards jury come from around the world and include producers, editors and presenters, as well as technology and marketing experts. Winners will be announced at a special gala awards in London on 20 November 2007.
The awards categories are:
- International TV Channel of the Year
- International Radio Station of the Year
- International TV Personality of the Year
- International Radio Personality of the Year
- Clearest Coverage of a Single News Event – Audio (Radio and/or Podcast)
- Clearest Coverage of a Single News Event – Video (TV or Vodcast)
- Best Programme Dealing With a Topical Issue – Audio
- Best Programme Dealing With a Topical Issue – Video
- Most Creative New Strategy or Marketing Concept by an International Broadcaster
- Most Innovative Partnership Between a Local and an International Broadcaster
- Best Realisation of a Cross-border, Cross-media Production
- Gear of the Year – Helping Realise an International Broadcaster's Objectives (Production or Distribution)
The closing date for entries is 1700 GMT on Friday 3 August 2007.
The latest product and technology information
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox