Internet Broadcasting, which produces Web sites for NBC’s 14 O&O stations and a number of affiliates, will co-produce NBCOlympics.com with NBC Olympics, the company announced Jan. 11.
NBCOlympics.com will deliver exclusive Internet video, real-time results and behind-the-scenes coverage of the 2006 Olympic Games in Torino, Italy.
A staff of 25 from Internet Broadcasting will be dedicated to the Web site at the games in addition to a full team of resources in Minneapolis. The company co-produced the NBCOlympics.com site for the 2004 Olympic Summer Games in Athens.
Some highlights of the Winter Games site include:
- The runs and routines of the top five finishers, all U.S. athletes and other notables the day after competitions are completed. Sports, like hockey and curling, which aren’t made up of runs and routines, will be covered with highlight packages.
- Real-time results searchable by day, sport, event and athlete.
- Interactive TV viewers’ guide, searchable by zip code to reflect programming availability from local affiliates.
- Olympic Zone coverage providing localized coverage of hometown heroes, including video slideshows and multimedia content. Currently, 213 or 230 NBC affiliates have decided to participate in the Olympic Zone.
- An interactive Flash application, called the Gold Standard, on the home page calling visitors’ attention to the latest must-see video, photos and stories.
- Inside the Sport, a Flash application featuring video, audio and photos to bring visitors up to speed on the rules, history and other facts about each Winter Games’ sport.
For more information, visit www.ibsys.com.
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Tech. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.