IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting seeks papers for a special issue on “Mobile multimedia broadcasting.” The objective of this special issue is to present research activities contributing to all aspects of mobile multimedia broadcasting. Original contributions previously unpublished and not currently under review by another journal are solicited in relevant areas including (but not limited to):
· broadcasting via cellular networks;
· cellular multicast/broadcast services: 3GPP MBMS, 3GPP2 BCMCS;
· mobile broadcasting via DVB-H, DMB, MediaFLO and other systems;
· mobile broadcasting via satellite;
· standards for mobile multimedia broadcasting;
· hybrid cellular/non-cellular broadcasting;
· source coding for mobile multimedia broadcasting;
· channel coding, modulation and signal processing techniques;
· transceiver architecture and design;
· RF, antenna, receiver and hardware technologies;
· mobile multimedia broadcasting applications;
· mobile television;
· interactive broadcasting services;
· service layer for mobile broadcasting;
· security and DRM;
· field trials for mobile multimedia broadcasting.
The deadline for submissions is July 1, 2006.
Authors should follow the IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting format described in the Information for Authors.
Prospective authors should submit a PDF version of their paper to Kathy Colabaugh. Please indicate that the submission is for the special issue on “Mobile multimedia broadcasting.”