Rohde & Schwarz’s latest entry to its portfolio of test equipment is the R&S CMW500 test platform for LTE and HSPA+ designed for test and production of existing and emerging wireless devices. When equipped with the appropriate hardware and software components, the CMW500 can perform test and measurement tasks ranging from RF and protocol tests to complex application tests. It handles everything from the first steps in developing a wireless device through final conformance test, accompanying wireless devices throughout their entire life cycle.
The R&S CMW500 features:
- A multi technology solution: GSM/GPRS/EDGE/WCDMA/mobile WiMAX/CDMA2000/TD-SCDMA
- Base model: general-purpose RF power meter and CW generator with list modes for fast calibration of wireless devices
- Vector Signal Analyzer (VSA) for transmitter verification
- Vector Signal Generator (VSG) for expanded receiver testing: ARB mode for short setup times or real-time mode for complex signals with high data volume
- Reference RF power measurements with direct connection for R&S NRP power sensors
- An integrated RF interface for easy connection to wireless devices with complex RF architecture
- Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- SCPI remote control via LAN/GPIB interface
- Ready for LXI Class C
- Process controller with Windows XP operating system for test routines and remote control via Windows Remote Desktop
Rohde & Schwarz is also releasing two new models of its recently launched R&S FSV family: the R&S FSV13 and R&S FSV30 combination signal and spectrum analyzers. Designed for applications in the microwave range, the FSV13 and FSV30 have been expanded for applications up to 13.6GHz and 30GHz, respectively.
- Frequency range up to 3.6GHz/7GHz/13.6GHz/30GHz
- 40MHz analysis bandwidth
- 0.4dB level measurement uncertainty up to 7GHz
- Analysis software for GSM/EDGE, WCDMA/HSPA, LTE, WiMAX, WLAN, analog modulation methods
- Support for R&S NRP power sensors
- Extensive power measurement functions
- On-site upgrading
- –110dBc/Hz phase noise at 10kHz frequency offset
- +15dBm third order intercept (TOI)
- Displayed average noise level (DANL) in 1Hz bandwidth: –155dBm at 1GHz, –147dBm at 30GHz
- Removable hard drive for applications where security is a concern
For more information, visit www2.rohde-schwarz.com/en/products/test_and_measurement/product_categories/spectrum_analysis/FSV.html (watch the FSV video) and www2.rohde-schwarz.com/en/products/test_and_measurement/product_categories/mobile_radio/CMW500.html.
Have comments or questions about this article? Visit our Forum and start a discussion at http://community.broadcastengineering.com/forums/.