Advent Communications rolled out five enhancements to its compact, lightweight 5000 Series communications package at IBC2008.
Designed for use with Advent’s Mantis, NewSwift and FlyDrive satellite antennas, the enhancements are compact units that form a complete SD/HD electronics solution for SNG flyaways and vehicle applications. Each is a 19in half-rack width, 1RU high and typically weighs less than 5.5lbs.
The enhancements include:
- DVE5000, a digital video exciter with integrated L-band modulator and HPA controller that offers new support for MPEG-4 Part 10 H.264 SD/HD 4:2:0 and 4:2:2 encoding for contribution;
- AMR5000, a compact, integrated multiplexer/router for Ethernet and serial data that works with Advent’s ADM5000 data modem;
- IRD5000, a receiver/decoder for SD and HD that supports MPEG-2, which can be upgraded to H.264;
- ASC5000, Advent’s system controller that offers 1+1 redundancy providing automatic redundancy for up to four pairs of units;
- APS5000, a protection switch that offers automatic redundancy protection and supports RF phase combining.
For more information, visit www.adventcomms.com.