Affordable High Definition HDMI and Analog I/O Device for Mac and PC Available Worldwide
Montreal, Canada – May 21, 2009 – Matrox® Video Products Group today announced that Matrox MXO2™ Mini, a new version of the award-winning Matrox MXO2 I/O device is now shipping. Matrox MXO2 Mini can be used with Mac and PC laptop and desktop systems and popular applications including Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro and Photoshop, and many more. It provides capture via HDMI, analog component, S-Video, and composite. Users can convert standard definition videos to high definition, or vice versa, while capturing or playing out, using Matrox MXO2 Mini’s high-quality dedicated hardware scaler. Simultaneous playback of high definition and standard definition video is supported. In addition, Matrox MXO2 Mini turns an inexpensive HDMI screen into a professional-grade video monitor thanks to Matrox’s unique color calibration tool. This product also makes it easy to edit AVCHD footage by capturing into an edit-friendly compressed or uncompressed format.
“Users won’t settle for HDMI and analog I/O cards with messy cables once they see this sleek little device for Mac and PC,” said Alberto Cieri, Matrox senior sales and marketing director. “It provides all the same features in a professional breakout box, with the added advantage of portability. It can be used in studio or on the road, with laptops and desktops.”
Key features of Matrox MXO2 Mini
• Works with Mac and PC, laptops and desktops
• Small, lightweight, external box that’s easily connected to cameras and monitors
• Capture high definition video via HDMI or analog component; NTSC and PAL via analog component, S-Video, or composite
• Playback high definition video via HDMI and analog component; NTSC and PAL via HDMI and analog component or HDMI and S-Video and composite
• Output HD and SD video simultaneously
• Turns an HDMI screen into a professional-grade video monitor with color calibration tools including blue-only
• High-quality 10-bit hardware scaling engine for realtime upscaling, downscaling, and cross conversion on capture and playback
• Stereo RCA and up to 8 channels of HDMI audio input and output
• 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound monitoring on the HDMI output
• Easily edit AVCHD footage by capturing into an edit-friendly compressed or uncompressed format
• Works with leading applications including Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Photoshop, and many more
• Also available with Matrox MAX™ technology for faster than realtime H.264 encoding
• Three-year hardware warranty and complimentary telephone support
Price and availability
Matrox MXO2 Mini, priced at $449 US (₤338, €382) not including local taxes, is available through a worldwide network of authorized dealers. Each MXO2 Mini comes with the customer’s choice of either an ExpressCard /34 laptop adapter or a PCIe desktop adapter. Additional adapters may be purchased separately at $99 US (₤69, €83) each.
A version of Matrox MXO2 Mini with Matrox MAX technology for faster than realtime high definition H.264 file creation will be available in June for the Mac and July for the PC. Matrox MXO2 Mini with the MAX option will be priced at $849 US (₤644, €758).
About Matrox MAX
Matrox MAX is a unique technology that implements faster than realtime H.264 encoding for resolutions ranging from iPod to HD. It uses a dedicated hardware processor to accelerate the creation of H.264 files for Blu-ray, the web, and mobile devices. By using specialized hardware acceleration, jobs are finished with amazing speed and system resources are liberated for other tasks. Quality and flexibility are ensured through direct integration with professional applications such as Apple Compressor on the Mac and Adobe Media Encoder on the PC. As an added benefit, the Matrox MAX technology allows direct export to higher-quality H.264 Blu-ray compliant files from Compressor.
Matrox Video Products Group is a technology and market leader in the field of HD and SD digital video hardware and software for realtime editing, audio/video input/output, DVD/Blu-ray authoring, capture/playout servers, clip/still stores, and CGs. Matrox's Emmy award-winning technology powers a full range of content creation and delivery platforms used by broadcasters, post-production facilities, project studios, corporate communicators, and videographers worldwide. Founded in 1976, Matrox is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada. For more information visit www.matrox.com/video.
The latest product and technology information
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox