NAB 2008 - Las Vegas, NV - April 14, 2008 - Matrox® Video Products Group today announced Matrox MXO2. Designed to streamline editing workflow with Apple Final Cut Studio and Adobe Production Premium on MacBook Pros and Mac Pros, Matrox MXO2 provides broadcast-quality input/output, monitoring, and up/down/cross conversion. Users can benefit from file-based workflows with native support for XDCAM, XDCAM HD, XDCAM EX, and P2. In addition, they are not limited to using a single codec as with some other I/O devices on the market.
"Matrox is leading the way in mobile editing on the Mac," said Alberto Cieri, Matrox sales and marketing director. "Broadcasters tell us they need a way to upload video from laptops in the field and MXO2 is our answer for them. It's lightweight, fits in a laptop bag, and runs for hours on a field battery. It's also a complete I/O solution for post facilities, at an incredibly affordable price point."
Matrox MXO2 will be demonstrated at NAB 2008 in booth SL320.
Key features of Matrox MXO2
- Truly portable - fits in your laptop bag, runs off a field battery (or its AC adapter)
- HD/SD SDI, HD/SD analog component, Y/C, and composite inputs and outputs
- Genlock - SD analog black burst (bi-level) or HD tri-level sync
- HDMI input, output, and monitoring with calibration controls including blue-only
- 10-bit realtime hardware up/down/cross conversion
- Up to five user selectable simultaneous video outputs - HD and/or SD on HDMI, SDI, and analog
- Professional audio inputs and outputs with 5.1 surround sound monitoring
- RS-422 machine control for frame-accurate capture and print-to-tape
- Captures to a variety of codecs - Apple ProRes 422 HQ, 10-bit uncompressed HD and many more
- Supports file-based workflows - XDCAM, XDCAM HD, XDCAM EX, P2
- Works with Final Cut Pro, Apple Color, Adobe Premiere Pro and all QuickTime applications that support the V-out component
- For use with Intel-based MacBook Pros and Mac Pros
Price and availability
Priced at $1,595 US in North America (£899, €1,295) not including local taxes, Matrox MXO2 will be available in July 2008 through a worldwide network of authorized dealers.
Matrox Video Products Group is a technology and market leader in the field of HD and SD digital video hardware and software for realtime editing, DVD authoring, capture/playout servers, clip/still stores, and CGs. Matrox's Emmy award-winning technology powers a full range of content creation and delivery platforms used by broadcasters, post-production facilities, project studios, corporate communicators, and videographers worldwide. Founded in 1976, Matrox is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada. For more information visit www.matrox.com/video.
Matrox is a registered trademark and Matrox MXO is a trademark of Matrox Electronic Systems Ltd. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are hereby acknowledged.
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Technology. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.