Montreal, Canada – April 9, 2009 – Matrox® Video Products Group today announced that release 1.3.1 for the Matrox MXO2 product line is now available as a free download from the Matrox website to all registered users. This release implements important new features including HD-SDI closed captioning support and RED workflow support.
Users will no longer need to spend time and money recreating HD captioning data that is typically lost when editing projects in Final Cut Pro. Matrox MXO2 now offers a unique patent pending workflow to capture, playback, and preserve closed captioning data while editing. Nothing is destroyed. RED users can benefit from Matrox MXO2 to capture, monitor, and playback on set. Back in the post suite, they can use Matrox MXO2 to work with 1K and 2K RED timelines and output to SD, 720, or 1080 via MXO2‘s realtime 10-bit hardware scaling feature.
“We are very happy to be adding value to our Matrox MXO2 product line,” said Alberto Cieri, Matrox senior sales and marketing director. “We are continually providing our customers with the features they need to support today’s most popular workflows, in the edit suite and on location.”
Matrox MXO2 release 1.3.1 will be demonstrated at NAB 2009 in booth SL3814.
Key features of Matrox MXO2
• Works with Intel-based MacBook Pros, Mac Pros, and Apple Xserve systems
• Lightweight – less than 3 ½ lbs. (1600 grams)
• Fits in your laptop bag – 13" x 9½" x 2" (330mm x 241mm x 51mm)
• Can run off a field battery (or its AC adapter)
• HD/SD SDI, HD/SD analog component, Y/C, and composite inputs and outputs
• Genlock – SD analog black burst (bi-level) or HD tri-level sync
• HDMI input, output, and monitoring with calibration controls including blue-only
• 10-bit realtime hardware up/down/cross conversion on capture and output
• Up to five user selectable simultaneous video outputs – HD and/or SD on HDMI, SDI, and analog
• Professional audio inputs and outputs with 5.1 surround sound monitoring
• RS-422 machine control for frame-accurate capture and print-to-tape
• Captures to a variety of codecs – Apple ProRes 422 HQ, 10-bit uncompressed HD, and many more
• File-based workflow support – XDCAM, XDCAM HD, XDCAM EX, P2, P2HD
• RED workflow support
• HD-SDI closed captioning support
• Works with Final Cut Pro, Apple Color, Adobe After Effects and all QuickTime applications that support the V-out component
Price and availability
The Matrox MXO2 product line is available through a worldwide network of authorized dealers. Matrox MXO2 is priced at $1,595 US (₤1,095, €1,349) and Matrox MXO2 Rack is priced at $1,995 US (₤1,495, €1,695), not including local taxes. Release 1.3.1 software is available to registered users as a free download from the Matrox website.
Matrox Video Products Group is a technology and market leader in the field of HD and SD digital video hardware and software for realtime editing, audio/video input/output, DVD/Blu-ray authoring, capture/playout servers, clip/still stores, and CGs. Matrox's Emmy award-winning technology powers a full range of content creation and delivery platforms used by broadcasters, post-production facilities, project studios, corporate communicators, and videographers worldwide. Founded in 1976, Matrox is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada. For more information visit www.matrox.com/video.
Note: Print resolution artwork can be downloaded at http://www.matrox.com/video/en/press/artwork/#mxo2 and http://www.matrox.com/video/en/press/artwork/#mxo2_rack
Matrox is a registered trademark and Matrox MXO is a trademark of Matrox Electronic Systems Ltd. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are hereby acknowledged.
Get the TV Tech Newsletter
The professional video industry's #1 source for news, trends and product and tech information. Sign up below.