Artificial Intelligence (AI) is making its way into media production workflows, taking on laborious, expensive tasks like closed captioning, metadata tagging and social media clip generation. TV Technology recently conducted a survey to investigate how the media and entertainment industry is deploying A.I. today. Sponsored by Quantum, the survey revealed that two-thirds of the organizations that have tested AI, have deployed the technology for at least one critical role in their workflow.
Other critical findings include:
- The applications where A.I. is making a difference in M&E workflows
- How A.I. is helping media companies with large media libraries
- How the cloud –private on-prem and off-premise as well as public– fit into the A.I. equation
- The acceleration in content creation and A.I.’s role in achieving speedy access to historical content
- How different types of media organizations are deploying A.I.
- A.I. and automated metadata creation