Alcatel and Microsoft last week announced a global collaboration agreement to accelerate the availability of Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) services for broadband operators worldwide.
The companies expect this agreement will help expand “the quickly-growing ecosystem of IPTV industry partners” and let telecommunication providers take advantage of global economies of scale fueled by large-scale IPTV deployments, according to a joint statement.
Alcatel and Microsoft will develop an integrated IPTV delivery solution that can help IPTV service providers reduce deployment costs and shorten time-to-market for IPTV services. The agreement calls for the companies to plan to pursue a series of joint initiatives, including:
- Develop and customize new applications for different cultures and markets around the world;
- Enhance application and network resilience;
- Integrate content, security and digital rights management;
- Manage quality of service through intelligent video packet handling;
- Develop end-to-end integration of management systems for the application platforms and all components of the network including the home network.
The latest product and technology information
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox