The annual VidTrans conference in Marina del Rey, Calif., Feb. 10–12, will focus on the latest developments in professional video transport.
VidTrans will cover a variety of topics affecting the video transport market, including:
- Applications, including video contribution, distribution and delivery to home;
- Networking technologies, including JPEG2000, video encapsulation, clock synchronization, as well as IP, ATM, MPLS and wireless applications for video;
- Video processing and viewer quality of experience;
- Management concerns such as network operations and channel change times for IPTV;
- The state of the industry and technology migration paths; and
- Standards for IP video encapsulation within the VSF, IETF, and SMPTE.
The second day of the conference will close with a panel discussion highlighting the challenges and opportunities in the industry as professional video transport migrates away from ATM and towards IP networking technology.
Accompanying the conference will be a vendor exhibition, which includes representatives from Harris, Evertz, Miranda, Tandberg and more. The exhibits are open during the first two days of the conference.
The conference attendees will also be able to sign up for a special guided tour of DirecTV's Los Angeles Broadcast Center.
The conference is sponsored by the Video Services Forum. For more information, visit www.videoservicesforum.org.