Tech Emmy Nominees Sought
The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences is calling for entries for the 59th Annual Technology & Engineering Emmy Awards for work distributed between May 1, 2006 and April 30, 2007. The Technology & Engineering Emmy Awards "honor excellence in advances in the use, creativity and adaptation of technology that enhances or improves the consumer experience with media."
The awards will cover 11 areas:
• Synchronous enhancement of original television content for interactive use (two-screen environment);
• Nonsynchronous enhancement of original television content (single-screen environment);
• Creation of nontraditional programs or platforms;
• Best use of personal media display and presentation technology;
• Creation and implementation of video games and platforms;
• Best use of on-demand technology over broadband networks for active lean-forward viewing (such as on a PC);
• Best use of on-demand technology over broadband networks for passive lean-backward viewing (such as on a TV);
• Best use of commercial advertising on standalone broadband devices;
• Best use of creation and distribution of interactive commercial advertising delivered through portable broadband devices;
• Best use of creation and distribution of interactive commercial advertising delivered through multichannel broadband devices (such as set-top boxes);
• Best use of broadband for the development and delivery of commercial advertising in video games.
All entries must be postmarked on or before Aug. 31. The awards event will be held Jan. 7, 2008, during the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Get the TV Tech Newsletter
The professional video industry's #1 source for news, trends and product and tech information. Sign up below.