Entertainment Studios, a major independent producer and distributor of first-run syndicated programming for broadcast stations, said it has signed Verizon FiOS for the initial launch of six new highly targeted HD networks that are heavily tied to accompanying Web sites and cell phones—a synergy that is made more evident by their titles.
ES said virtually all content on each of the new channels is produced specifically for ES in 1080i.
ES said the new HD venues that will ramp up on Verizon's fiber network soon will be "global in scope" and will provide content geared to a multi-platform environment to include HD television, broadband Internet, and smart phones. Verizon says its FiOS TV service currently reaches about 7 million homes in 14 states. The six channels include:
- CARS.TV—Showcasing collectors, designers, innovators and "the ultimate car enthusiasts."
- COMEDY.TV—Featuring a mix of live concert performances, talk and variety shows, sitcoms and movies.
- ES.TV—Geared to entertainment news, variety shows, celebrity profiles and the celebrity circuit.
- MYDESTINATION.TV—A travel venue featuring "fun and exotic must-see destinations" around the world.
- PETS.TV—Non-stop pet news, pet care and health, as well as "pet lifestyles."
- RECIPE.TV—Dedicated to famous chefs, exotic recipes, "wonderful food and delicious cuisine from around the world."
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Tech. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.