The IEEE will hold its first-ever International Symposium on Broadband Multimedia Systems and Broadcasting. Scheduled for April 6-7, 2006 in Las Vegas, Nev., the event will focus on portable multimedia technology.
The IEEE invites researchers, developers and technology, equipment and systems supplies as well content originators and distributors and wireless service providers to submit papers for the event.
One-page (500-word) abstracts are due no later than Jan. 3, 2006. Submissions must include name, job title, organization, address, phone number, fax and e-mail address, and should be sent to April Monroe, senior administrator of the IEEE Broadcast Technology Society at email@example.com.
Acceptance notifications will be e-mailed by the end of January.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Streaming, IPTV, VoIP, VoD, Mobile TV, Wireless Multimedia
- Channel Coding and Error Correction, Modulation, Signal Processing
- Transmission, Propagation, Coverage, and RF Spectrum Considerations
- Advanced Audio and Video Coding, Processing, and Quality Assessment
- Content Re-purposing Technology: Transcoding, Protocols, Formats, Resolution
- Head-end Architectures, Routing/Switching, Server & Storage Devices, IP Encapsulation
- Design Considerations for Mobile & Handheld Devices
- RF, Antenna, Receiver, & Hardware Technologies
- Microsystem Design, System-on-a-Chip, and Memory Technologies
- Advanced Display, Power Management & Battery Technologies
- User Interface & Human Vision and Hearing Factors
- Security & Digital Rights Management, Watermarking
- Automotive Entertainment & Information Systems
- Algorithms, Software, Test Equipment, Standards
- Networks, Services, QoS, Billing
- Field Trials and Service Deployments