The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) has named the nominees from 10 categories for the 2004 Academy of Digital Television Pioneers Awards.
Winners will receive their awards on March 15 at the tenth "HDTV Summit - The Analog Cut-Off: What will it take? What are the opportunities?"
The nominees are:
- Best DTV Over the Air Network: ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC and WB Network
- Best DTV Cable System: Comcast, Cox and Time Warner
- Best DTV Cable or Satellite Service: DirecTV, Dish Network/Echostar, Time Warner and VOOM
- Best DTV Satellite Programmer: DirecTV, Discovery, Echostar, ESPN, HDNet, HBO and VOOM
- Best DTV Sporting Event: CBS Super Bowl XXXVIII, FOX 2004 World Series and NBC 2004 Summer Olympics
- Best Original DTV Material: CBS for CSI, CBS for 2004 Masters Golf Tournament coverage, ESPN's HD Sports Center, and FOX 2004 World Series
- Best DTV Leadership (Industry): Bryan Burns, ESPN; Peter Fannon, Panasonic Corp. of North America; Eddie Fritts, National Association of Broadcasters; and Jack Perry, Decisionmark Corp.
- Best DTV Leadership (Government): Hon. Joe Barton, U.S. House of Representatives; Hon. Rick Boucher, U.S. House of Representatives; Hon. John McCain, U.S. Senate and Hon. Michael Powell, Chairman, Federal Communications Commission
- Best DTV Leadership (Retailer): Best Buy, Circuit City and Tweeter
- Best DTV Journalism: HDTV Insider, Sound and Vision and USA Today
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Technology. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.