ADC's ProPatch panel
ADC will feature new innovations designed for the broadcast market at this year's IBC show taking place Sept. 10-14 in Amsterdam. Some of the products on display will include:
- Pro Patch Optical Normal Through Panel. Designed to provide patch by exception, normal through functionality, similar to copper-based patch panels. With the newly designed panel, all fiber in and out connections are on the rear of the panel, with a normal through connection between the in and out ports. Patch and monitoring capabilities are accessed on the front of the panel.
- Format Reversible ProAx Connectors. With ADC's U.S. and four European (Fischer, Lemo 4A, Lemo 3T and Lemo 4E connectors) versions, camera technicians can approach O.B. vans and internationally televised events with confidence. ADC's patented ProAx connectors can be format reversed between U.S. and global formats in only seconds. The connectors fit standard U.S. triax cables as well as global metric 8mm, 11mm and 14mm cables. Each connector has a field repairable center conductor that eliminates the need to restrip o-rings that protect the signal path against moisture.
- LCJ Connectors. ADC's new series of ultra miniature coaxial PC mount connectors are designed for high-speed routing. The LCJ connector family offers double the density of BNC and mini-BNC connectors, and makes termination easier with its push/pull locking mechanism. The LCJ provides 750 MHz bandwidth, and is available in horizontal and vertical mount form factors.
- Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) Infrastructure Solutions. The new ADC Midspan Power-over-Ethernet Controller eliminates the need for installation of local power to devices such as VoIP phones and Wi-Fi access points. With controller, power for the network device is generated in a large corporation's telecommunications room, which is usually backed up by an uninterrupted power supply, and can be delivered over standard Category 5, 5e or 6 Ethernet LAN cabling.
- Ethernet Infrastructure Solutions. The ADC Ethernet Distribution Frame (EDF) provides a cross-connect field that ties together all Ethernet network elements. The EDF typically consists of NEBS Level 3 Certified equipment such as ADC's Glide Cable Management, Category 5e and 6 Ethernet patch panels and Fiber Management Trays. With the EDF installed, technicians can isolate elements, connect new elements, route around problems, and perform maintenance functions. The frame design supports network growth and flexibility in the Ethernet distribution system.
For more information, visit: www.adc.com.
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Tech. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.