Ross Video has begun shipping SoftMetal version 4.0 software, which it launched in September at IBC2008. The new software is free to current SoftMetal customers.
SoftMetal v4.0 key features include:
- MXF native record and playback support for HD and SD clips
- QuickTime native SD playout
- Closed-captioning support
- Embedded audio support, 16 channels per video input and output
- Stereoscopic (3-D) record and playback
SoftMetal is a line of multidefinition video servers designed for live production and master control applications.
For more information, visit www.rossvideo.com.