PBS will conduct its annual Technology Conference April 14-16 at the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas prior to the opening of the NAB2005.
The conference will offer sessions for engineering, IT and traffic professionals. SBE collaborated on the development of the April 16 engineering sessions, “Building the Next Generation Master Control,” which takes place at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Member stations are invited to participate in the event, which will feature presentations, hands-on demonstrations and discussions of various emerging technologies, including tapeless digital asset management (DAM) and storage solutions for use in production and master control.
Among the highlights of the agenda:
- A report from broadcast consultant Merrill Weiss;
- DTV policy and regulation;
- Cable and satellite carriage update;
- Engineering: Analog shutdown - Early retirement or killing me softly
- No software is an island
- Engineering: NGIS - The nuts and bolts
- Leading change
- Focus on production - New technologies and a station case study
- DTV transmission - Ask the experts
- Project management methodologies
- APTS/CPB/RUS funding update
- Tiered storage
- The tapeless beachhead
- Advanced coding and stat muxing
For more information, visit https://secure.connect.pbs.org/conferences/technology/2005/registration.htm.