Pointing to the possible ubiquity of mobile TV in the near future, at NAB2009, LG Electronics showed its new LG2160A ATSC Mobile TV chip in several different prototype devices, including:
- LG ATSC Mobile DTV MP3 player with a 3in touch-screen display
- LG portable DVD player with a 7in LCD swivel screen and integrated ATSC Mobile DTV tuner
- LG mobile phone with a 3in touch-screen display with electronic service guide functions, including program guide
- LG mobile phone with a 2.8in dual touch screen with QWERTY keyboard
- A USB “dongle” receiver for laptop PCs
- Dell with its new Mini 10 PC netbook
- Kenwood automotive rear-seat entertainment system
The company's LG2160A is a commercial chip designed for mobile DTV receiving devices from various manufacturers. It provides mobile/handheld demodulating and equalization functions and outputs IP packet streams to enable audio/video decoding in the receivers compatible with the emerging ATSC Mobile DTV Standard. It features an automatic power-saving mode to maximize battery life for cell phones and other mobile DTV viewing devices.
Download the LG preliminary data sheet.
Have comments or questions about this article? Post a comment or visit our Forum and start a discussion.
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Tech. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.