Boris FX will demonstrate Boris Continuum Complete (BCC) 5.0 FxPlug, which extends the compositing and effects capabilities of Apple’s Final Cut Pro 6.0 and Motion 3.0.
Image filtering and treatment tools shipped with FXPlug include:
- BCC UpRez for SD to HD conversions
- BCC Pan and Zoom for the “Ken Burns” effect
- BCC MatchMove, based on the motion tracking technology in Boris Red that combines motion tracking with transformation/compositing of a layer
- BCC Led, which makes images, clips or text elements look like the display boards in sports stadiums
- Open GLS filters such as BCC Prism, Scan Lines and Damaged TV
- BCC Turbulence, for gel-like distortion fields
- BCC Noise Map 2 for backdrops or as mask track inputs for other image clips, and
- BCC Color Choker that posterizes and blurs colors in an image clip
Separately, the new Boris Blue 2.0 release provides an Avid AVXT 2.0 plug-in option and new image treatment filters for “front room” design production by bringing true 3D compositing to the desktop. Boris Blue 2.0 highlights include
- Avid Plug-in integration for Windows XP-based Avid systems
- Improved 3D interactors for objects, cameras, lights and split views
- 3D camera improvements, plus 3D deformers and image processors
Boris will be at Stand 7.830.