Agilent Technologies has introduced test and measurement service assurance solutions to monitor and analyze Microsoft’s Mediaroom Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) and multimedia software platform.
Designed as a component of the Agilent J6900A triple-play analyzer platform, the solution enables service providers and network equipment manufacturers to accelerate deployments of Microsoft Mediaroom-based IPTV services.
The analyzer provides specific measurement and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Microsoft Mediaroom, including:
- analysis of instant channel changing bursts and the respective timing parameters;
- ladder diagrams of the command and control traffic between Microsoft Mediaroom servers and clients;
- analysis of A/V packet rates with correlation to transport events;
- real-time playback of Microsoft Mediaroom video with audio and PIP streams; and
- comprehensive error reporting and thresholds for network- and transport-stream events violating the Microsoft Mediaroom specifications.
For more information, visit www.agilent.com/find/tpa.