SeaChange International introduced advanced server platforms and media preparation tools for television at NAB2004
The company showed its next-generation SeaChange Broadcast MediaLibrary 2G (BML 2G) online storage system, which supports Serial-ATA or SCSI drives in compact 6RU (rack unit), 4RU or 2RU chasses.
The BML 2G can also integrate Windows Media 9 Server to provide cost-efficient content browsing by thousands of concurrent users to potentially millions of media files.
For broadcasters serving multiple on-air channels of high bit-rate video, SeaChange debuted the Broadcast MediaCluster (BMC) 60000. The third-generation BMC 60000 node supports up to eight MPEG-2/IMX codecs (up to 62Mb/s per codec), four MPEG Transport I/O cards or three high-definition decoders.
At NAB, SeaChange also presented a range of content preparation tools, including:
- MediaMarker, a PC-based browser/cue-marker for HD and SD MPEG-2 streams.
- MediaDub for Avid workstations providing import and export via SDI/AES record/play.
- MediaTransfer for Avid NewsCutters.
- MediaPublisher for import/export of MPEG-2 files for Adobe Premiere.
- SeaMux multi-language audio builder for Adobe Premiere.
For more information, visit: www.schange.com.
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Technology. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.