LIN TV and Cox Communications last week said they had reached a retransmission consent agreement for broadcast stations in both analog and HD.
The deal allows viewers to watch LIN TV programming in HD and covers:
- WALA-TV (FOX) and WBPG-TV (CW) serving Mobile, AL and Pensacola, FL;
- WAVY-TV (NBC) and WVBT-TV (FOX) serving Norfolk, VA;
- WNAC-TV (FOX) and WPRI-TV (CBS) serving Providence, RI;
- WWLP-TV (NBC) serving Springfield, MA; and
- WTNH-TV (ABC) and WCTX-TV (MyNetworkTV) serving Hartford and New Haven, CT.
The agreement also grants Cox Communications the right to LIN TV's locally produced content for video on demand (VOD). A new "Local Weather Station" will be also be available for viewers in Hartford and Florida's Gulf Coast, featuring the stations' meteorologists delivering local weather conditions, forecasts and live, local Doppler radar.
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Technology. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.