NEW YORK: The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences announced the recipients of the 63rd Annual Technology & EngineeringEmmy Awards that will take place Thursday, Jan. 12, 2012 as part of the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. The presentation will take place at The Venetian Resort Hotel & Casino beginning at 6:30 p.m.
“The National Academy’s Engineering Achievement Committee is pleased to honor these technology companies who have set the standard for much of what we do in broadcast television and to those that continue to broaden what is possible in bringing home to the viewer the best that television has to offer,” said incoming committee chairman, Robert P. Seidel, vice president of CBS Engineering and Advanced Technology. This is Seidel’s first year at the helm of the committee which has been guided for more than 20 years by Charles H. Jablonski, vice president of Online, Inc., who remains as chairman emeritus.
The individuals and companies that will be honored at the event include:
1) Local Cable Ad Insertion Technology - Cable Digital Standards for Local Cable Advertising
2) The System for Automated Migration of Media Assets
3) Pioneering Development of Large-Venue, Large-Screen Direct View Color Video Displays
Mitsubishi Electric Power Products, Inc. - Diamond Vision Systems
Shuji Nakamura, Professor
University of California - Santa Barbara
4) Pioneering Development and Deployment of Active Format Description Technology and System
DTG - Digital TV Group
5) Development of Integrated, Deployable Systems for Live Reporting from Remote Environments
MTN Satellite Communications
6) Standardization of Loudness Metering for Use in Broadcast Audio
ITU-R Study Group 6, International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
Dolby Laboratories, Inc.
Communications Research Centre
Dr. Gilbert Soulodre
7) Development of Professional Tapeless Portable Acquisition Systems Using Affordable Media
Sony Professional Solutions of America
8) Pioneering Development of Removable Solid State Media for Video Camera/Recorders (Camcorders)
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Tech. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.