Harris has released the latest version of its multi-service video-networking product, NetVX.
The system's single-box design leverages packet switching, that provides bi-directional transport over ATM, IP, DS-3, fiber (OC-3), satellite and microwave networks. NetVX’ support for triple-play services is contained in one chassis.
New features and benefits include:
- A low bit-rate SD encoder that maximizes the DTV stream.
- SD statistical-multiplexing optimizes picture quality and provides management of all SD video channels from a single box.
- HD functionality includes picture quality improvements at lower bit-rates, enhanced HD audio ports for Dolby 5.1 / Dolby E carriage, and BISS scrambling for secure video transport of over-the-air broadcasts.
- Supports seven HD cards per a 5RU frame.
- IP-over-ASI functionality enables bi-directional IP transport over service providers’ existing, low-cost ASI loops.
- Supports various configuration scenarios in which there is audio and video file-based transport between a studio and transmitter site.
For more information, visit www.harris.com.