Media management software developer axle Video has begun shipping its second major release of axle 2013.
The latest version maintains the browser-based simple design philosophy while incorporating several improvements, including:
- support for up to 300,000 assets, a 10 times improvement over axle v1.0;
- support for thousands of files in a single directory, using Google-style paging system;
- support for archiving and restoration of files to designated archive catalogs;
- faster user interface response when browsing directories and performing most operations;
- full time code display on proxy clips in the axle media player; and
- numerous additional feature and performance refinements.
The new axle 2013 system is available in software-only form, or in the axle Gear integrated appliance system.