As it has done for the past three years, this year’s IBC convention will offer attendees an opportunity to learn about the latest developments in D-Cinema.
IBC2005 will provide a forum to explore the progress made in digital cinema over the past year, including a growing number of digital releases, alternate markets, new cameras for digital cinema acquisition and even government programs promoting D-Cinema.
At this year’s convention, Arri, Autodesk Media and Entertainment, Panasonic and Sony will show new digital cinema equipment.
Digital cinema is the IBC2005 theme for Monday, Sept. 12. Program highlights include:
- A keynote address from Bill Kinder, of Pixar Animation Studios and Perspective, and “Star Wars” producer Rick McCallum;
- The Digital Opportunity - Acquisition, Production and Presentation in the Digital Domain, hosted by Peter Swinson of Peter Swinson Associates;
- Industry Perspective on Progress and Issues, chaired by Wendy Aylesworth of Warner Bros.;
- Global Report and First Experiences, chaired by Justin Ribbins;
- Future Outlook and New Developments, chaired by Glenn Kennel of Texas Instruments.
A new movie will be shown Saturday, Sept. 10, and attendees can watch a restored classic Monday night. Christie, Dolby, Harkness Hall and QuVis are supporting these screenings.
For more information, visit www.ibc.org.