At the 2013 NAB Show, Wheatstone will debut its Dimension Two audio control surface for television. Built on the proven Bridge Router platform, the unit accepts analog, AES, MADI and HD/SDI input signals, and it provides the ability to send any source or console bus to any audio network destination. As with its Dimension One predecessor, the Dimension Two offers:
• Up to 96 input channels on two pages (64 physical faders maximum).
• 16 stereo submixes.
• 16 stereo aux sends.
• 16 dedicated mix-minus busses plus up to 64 channel bus-minus (N-1) outputs.
• Two 5.1 surround master output busses.
• Two stereo master output busses.
• Full digital audio processing on all inputs and output busses (EQ, comp/limiter, expander/gate, hi/lo pass filters).
• Automatic microphone mixing (AutoMix).
• Audio-follow-video switching (AFV).
• Two programmable soft knobs per input — can be assigned any control function on the console.
• 12 fully programmable switches for implementing custom routing and switching functions.
• 99 show presets for complete recall of console set-ups.
New on the Dimension Two are large, high-resolution meterbridge displays. The new displays provide more information on metering, channel/bus assignments and programmable control functions in a larger, easier-to-read format.
Also new is an LKFS meter for loudness monitoring built into the overbridge display, and the ability to turn any fader into a master to easily control groups of inputs.