Working in 4K or inserting computer signals into video can be a challenge to engineers trying to come up with a complete "kit." Today, it became a bit easier because of two new glue-type products from AJA.
The Hi5-4K enables 4K display monitoring, and the ROI makes it easy to move computer imagery into regular video. The Hi5-4K mini-converter provides a simple monitoring connection from professional 4K devices using four 3G-SDI outputs to feed a standard consumer 4K over 1.4a HDMI. The Hi5-4K also enables flexible 3G/HD-SDI to HDMI conversion.
AJA’s ROI mini-converter allows an operator to simply select, surround and click to insert computer video into an SDI stream. It offers real-time scaling of computer DVI-D and HDMI outputs to baseband video over SDI.
Hi5-4K features include:
• 4x 3G-SDI inputs
• 1x HDMI 1.4a (4K capable) output
• 3G/HD-SDI to HDMI conversion for HD workflows
• Ability to connect KONA 3G SDI-based 4K output to 4K HDMI displays
• Audio embedded in the SDI input is passed as embedded audio in the 4K HDMI output
ROI features include:
• DVI-D and HDMI to SDI enables high quality computer signal integration
• Region of Interest scaling control for selective source screen isolation and resolution matching
• DVI-D loop through enables SDI signal conversion while maintaining DVI-D monitor connection
• Integrated control and elegant user interface facilitated via free AJA MiniConfig software
• Audio embedding in SDI output via analog 3.5mm connector input
• Frame rate conversion for maximum compatibility
• Aspect ratio conversion
• Genlock input enables locked SDI output for clean switching and integration
“Hi5-4K provides a very simple solution for facilitating full 4K monitoring on-set," said Nick Rashby, AJA president, "while ROI fulfills a growing need among broadcasters and corporate video professionals to integrate high quality computer signals into their programming.”
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox