A new report from MRG ranks about 60 IPTV vendors in four different regional markets and globally based on deployment.
MRG's new “IP TV Market Leaders Report-March 2006,” which groups the vendors in six different IPTV product categories, ranks each company regionally by product category based on actual numbers of subscribers and video channels supported by that company's products.
Among the findings:
- NEC ranked first globally for the Access Systems product category; ECI ranked second.
- Tut ranked first globally and in North America in IPTV video headends (based on channels served), while SkyStream ranked second globally.
- In VOD servers, Entone ranked first globally and Alcatel ranked second.
- Motorola ranked first in STBs globally as well as in North America and Europe due to its recent acquisition of Kreatel; Yuxing ranked second.
- In middleware, Thomson/Thales ranked first globally, and Orca ranked second.
For more information, visit www.mrgco.com.
The latest product and technology information
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox