UK Screen announced today the shortlist for its sound awards, The Conch.
Now in its third year The Conch awards recognise the contribution made by UK facilities, sound editors and dubbing mixers to the art of audio post-production in film, TV and commercials.
Shortlisted nominees will now be asked to submit material for judging, with the winners announced at the awards ceremony on September 25th 2008.
Among those shortlisted so far are:
- Commercial of the Year: Cadbury "Gorilla" (Wave Studios)
- Audio Media Unsung Hero Award: Nick Laing (Goldcrest)
- Audio on TV Drama: No 1 Ladies' Detective Agency (Soundelux)
- Audio on TV/Film Documentary: Coast (BBC Post Production)
- Audio on TV Entertainment: The Restaurant (Envy)
- TV Sound Editor of the Year (editor, designer, dialogue, supervising): Paul McFadden
Shortlisted nominees in the following categories will be announced in early September:
- Film Facility of the Year, sponsored by Fineline Media Finance
- TV Facility of the Year, sponsored by Scrub
- Commercials Facility
- Fellowship, sponsored by Pinewood Studios Group
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Tech. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.