TANDBERG Television’s next-generation compression will simultaneously launch at IBC this year with the introduction of the new EN8030 MPEG-4 AVC SD and EN8090 MPEG-4 AVC HD/SD ultracompression broadcast encoders, alongside the introduction of new MPEG-4 AVC HD and SD ultracompression encoding modules for the Plex range of high density, multi-channel encoders. The new encoders enable HDTV services to be delivered at data rates below 6Mb/s, with similar improvements to SD services, and are designed to enable operators to deliver HD and SD multi-channel and single channel services across cable, satellite, telco and terrestrial networks.
- The iSIS 8000 IP system based on MPEG-2, MPEG-4 AVC and SMPTE VC-1 video encoding and transcoding. It includes IP multiplexers, multi-platform receivers and TANDBERG ReflexT, a statistical multiplexer in MPEG-4 AVC SD and HD, under a single control and management system, TANDBERG nCompass
- Interactive solutions for on-demand IPTV and high-density encoding from the new MPEG-4 AVC HD and SD encoders, based on fully integrated IPTV head-end product line, streaming, transrating, transcoding, high density encoding and premium encoding for HD and SD MPEG-2, MPEG-4 AVC and SMPTE VC-1
- IP based head-end solutions and iPlex, a route to digital cable deployment for large and small operators
- Edge QAM technology and the new RX5130 multi-channel transport descrambler
- OpenStream Digital Services PlatformT, provides a complete on-demand solution that spans content production, advertising insertion, delivery and back-office management
- zBand 6.0software enables consumer PUSH VOD systems that multicast content to subscribers or unicast targeted content to individual clients
- Interactive solutions that combine its interactive and VOD technologies including interactive advertising, interactive broadband and interactive T-commerce
- Contribution and distribution solutions from low-delay contribution links, to advanced compression solutions in both HD and SD using a range of transmission technologies including both satellite and terrestrial interfaces
- The RX1290 Multi-Format professional receiver for distribution of content in MPEG-4 AVC HD
- A demonstration of a JPEG 2000 solution enabling a HD-SDI video feed to be partially compressed for carriage over IP networks
- Voyager content acquisition systems, HD digital satellite (EN5940) and electronic newsgathering solutions (EN5950) based on MPEG-4 AVC HD compression
- The addition of DVB-S2 modulation to its DSNG range and support for the HDV format
For more information, visit www.tandbergtv.com.