The Satellite Users Interference Reduction Group (SUIRG) announced Oct. 30 the election of new officers and members of its board of directors during its annual satellite interference conference.
Re-elected to the SUIRG board of directors for 2009 were:
- James Budden, chairman; Satellite Communications Operators Consulting
- Robert Ames, president and CEO; SUIRG
- Adam Edwards, treasurer; SES-Engineering
- Angela Maimo, director; Intelsat
- Hector Fortis, director; Satmex
The board also voted in two new members for 2009:
- David Wilkinson, director; Qinetiq
- Nigel Smith, secretary; MITRE
SUIRG works to minimize the occurrence of satellite interference. For satellite newsgathering, it has spearheaded an effort to gain industry acceptance of an uplink ID to aid in identifying errant SNG transmissions. It also has worked to protect C-band transmissions from WiMAX-generated harmful interference.
For more information, visit www.suirg.org.
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Tech. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.